UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
A federal court authorized this notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- A $9.25 million Settlement has been reached with Navy Federal Credit Union (“Navy Federal”) in a lawsuit where the Plaintiff alleges that Navy Federal violated a federal statute and regulations when it sent certain text messages. Navy Federal denies any liability or wrongdoing.
- The Settlement offers payments to non-members of Navy Federal who received one or more text messages (other than text messages concerning fraud) from or on behalf of Navy Federal between September 15, 2015 through March 23, 2020. Mail or email notice about this Settlement has been sent to identifiable persons who may be Settlement Class Members, based on the records of Navy Federal and the Settlement Administrator.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read the notice carefully.
- These rights and and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the notice.
- The deadline to submit a Claim Form is September 7, 2020.
The Court in charge of this case has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. If it does, and any appeals are resolved, benefits will be distributed to those who qualify. Please be patient.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
FOR A PAYMENT
September 7, 2020
|By submitting a valid and timely Claim Form, Settlement Class Members will receive a payment from the Settlement Fund. The value of each payment cannot be determined at this point and will depend upon a number of factors, including the total number of valid claims submitted. Class Counsel's best estimate is that each claim will exceed $100.|
August 7, 2020
|If you decide to exclude yourself, you will get no benefit from the Settlement. Exclusion is the only option that allows you to sue Navy Federal, or participate in any other lawsuit against Navy Federal, about the text messages that are the subject of this case.|
August 7, 2020
|You may submit a written objection to the Court, with a copy to Class Counsel and Defendant's counsel, if you don't like an aspect of the Settlement.|
|ATTEND A HEARING||Hearing Date:
October 9, 2020
|You may ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement at the final approval hearing, but you do not have to do so.|
|DO NOTHING||If you are Settlement Class Member and you do nothing, you will not receive a payment, and you will give up your right to participate in further litigation against Navy Federal about non-fraud text messages.|